Little things that just bug you

Forums Home >> Rants >> Little things that just bug you
Pages: 1
9 Total Posts
Tue, 22 May 2012 17:16:22 -0400
I just thought it would be fun to make a thread about small social things that sometimes bother us or whatever.

I'll start with... Lending supplies. A lot of people never really give back pens or pencils or whatever when they "borrow" them, and I'm pretty okay with that because those things are pretty inexpensive, but it does get kinda annoying to constantly have to replace your pencils.

But one situation with lending supplies I've never particularly liked was when say... Someone asks if you have markers they can borrow, and the only markers you have are your brand new art markers that were like $30 for a small set or whatever.

I don't want to be a jerk, so I usually lend people my stuff even if it's more expensive than average, but I do get nervous that since they probably don't know the value of the supplies they're using, they won't take as good care of it as I would. I also don't want people to "borrow but never return" my art supplies because I really can't afford to constantly replace them.

Luckily, I never have had problems with anyone running off with my stuff except one case when my colored pencil set returned at the end of class with the red pencil missing. But the situation still makes me anxious.

So what about you guys? Can you think of any little tiny social things that are sort of awkward, annoying, or whatever for you? :o

Last edited on Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:46:45 -0400

You can call me Tiff!
I'm the founder of PokeDS.
My favorite Pokemon is Ho-Oh.
Girafarig Dragonair Flygon Articuno Ampharos
Wed, 23 May 2012 01:42:57 -0400
Hmm. that annoys me as well. I also hate it when someone just utterly disrespects a teacher or another peer for no reason. Other than that, I guess it's music that's playing so loud I can hear it.
Enter Noops. My passion is FIRST Robotics. http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc
Wed, 23 May 2012 18:31:40 -0400
Man, music playing loud in earphones is one of those things that seems to bother a lot of people more than me. I generally don't really care too much because it's usually still not all that loud to me, but I do imagine the hearing loss that the person will go through in the future.

Disrespect of teachers is a strange thing. Oftentimes, I feel like a lot of students do it just because the teachers are "them", you know. Like, they want to prove that they're not a teacher's pet and they're on the side of their peers or whatever.

Who knows. I haven't seen bad cases of disrespect for teachers in a long time though. I do see people privately ranting about certain teachers. But like any rants, to me, how much I mind tends to depend on how it's carried out. Sometimes they make valid points about a teacher's shortcomings or are expressing frustration about certain things or another, and other times, it just feels like bashing.

You can call me Tiff!
Sat, 09 Jun 2012 00:34:57 -0400
Usually people complaining of something without a valid reason sets me off.
If they make valid points, I'm fine, but a lot just whine and when asked why, there's no actual reason...

Sun, 10 Jun 2012 11:19:08 -0400
People who are wrong and have no interest in being told the truth.

Black Milk - Personal Blog and Writing Repository

Mon, 18 Jun 2012 20:59:40 -0400
Ahh yeah, it's always awkward to see a debate or argument or whatever where one person holds a position even when the other side overwhelmingly disagrees and prevents evidence upon evidence. Usually, it gets into personal attacks and whatnot too. XD

I do try not to judge too much when people complain about things but man.. Some people do just complain way too much. Luckily not most people I know, but it's always weird being around someone who has to complain about everything. XD

Anyways, I came to this thread because I thought of another thing.

When people claim to be a friend but only ever talk to you to ask for favors. That's always kinda awkward. XD

You can call me Tiff!
Wed, 04 Jul 2012 05:46:27 -0400
People who hate on dubs just because the anime they watch have terrible English dubs :I

I happen to watch great dubs normally so I don't see why there's so much hate. Plus, you can't expect thousands or millions of people to read as fast as you can. Some want to see the scene and not have to waste half of it reading. I know some dubs are terrible but saying they all are terrible compared to subs is false.

Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:28:40 -0400
does aquaa and anton count

Thu, 05 Jul 2012 11:04:04 -0400
oh and my mom
she's a little nappy ass ho i'm forced to live with

Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:49:31 -0400
Oooooh GAWD, this is an easy one. The thing that pisses me off is people begging the FLUFF out of me for stupid $hit like those huge pencils. And pokemon, which isn't stupid, it's like gold to me. I lost a friend because of this.
And goddamn copycats...WHY U COPY MY ART! AND STEAL IT!? AND ARRRRGHHH! Yes I also lost the same friend because of this...
Live life the Pokemon way!:D
Click my Pokemon!
Forums Home >> Rants >> Little things that just bug you
Pages: 1
9 Total Posts
Quick Reply

© 2017 PokeDS. Pokémon © 1995-2017 Nintendo/ Pokémon. Icons © LED24.
Page generated in 0.1994 seconds.
AboutContactLinkTermsPrivacyHelp
Silver Islands Indigo Plateau The Cave of Dragonflies Clash at the Summit