A collection of short comics

Forums Home >> Art >> A collection of short comics
Pages: 1
12 Total Posts
Thu, 10 May 2012 23:13:17 -0400
For my concentration for AP Art, I did a series of short one-page comics. Since I plan on eventually starting a webcomic with these comics, I had actually drawn about 20 comics through the course of the class, but only 12 were to be included in the AP Art portfolio, so I hadn't scanned in the rest yet.

These are the 12 comics I submitted for my portfolio. Feel free to read them and also, hey, if you have any suggestions for what the name of my webcomic should be, feel free to fire them away haha.

Last edited on Thu, 10 May 2012 23:14:10 -0400

You can call me Tiff!
I'm the founder of PokeDS.
My favorite Pokemon is Ho-Oh.
Girafarig Dragonair Flygon Articuno Ampharos
Thu, 10 May 2012 23:15:55 -0400
The art is really nice, but the themes of the comics seem to be postmodern or sarcastic, almost nihilistic. Nothing wrong in that, the irony is great and really cool!
Enter Noops. My passion is FIRST Robotics. http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc
Thu, 10 May 2012 23:19:23 -0400
Haha, thanks, wing! As long as you laughed and think the internet would have a place for these comics!

Which ones were your favorite? o: I'll probably be scanning more in later. There are some with jokes I really liked that I didn't end up scanning for my portfolio because there were small things about the art that just bugged me. I may redraw those and then scan them later.

You can call me Tiff!
Fri, 11 May 2012 21:47:19 -0400
ahaha i wish i could draw like that, TIff! I like the one with the reindeer landing on a star... funny!
In The Land Of Cardiff Bay And Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff, The Destiny Of Equestria Rests On The Shoulders Of Some Demon-Hunting Brothers. Their Names: Ash and Pikachu

I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANY MORE OKAY!?

"PaperToast PhD suggests that newspapers have magical fire restoring properties"

Sat, 12 May 2012 15:55:37 -0400
Thanks, eragonmerlin! :D

You can call me Tiff!
Sun, 13 May 2012 04:53:37 -0400
Those are amazing comics. I love the balloon one since it's cute and funny! :P

Sun, 13 May 2012 12:06:11 -0400
Aww, thanks, Ronald! :D

You can call me Tiff!
Mon, 14 May 2012 17:59:51 -0400
These are so cute. xD The "reach for the moon" one was hilarious.

Black Milk - Personal Blog and Writing Repository

Mon, 14 May 2012 18:08:37 -0400
:D Thanks, Xavier! I'm glad you liked them!

You can call me Tiff!
Mon, 14 May 2012 18:21:35 -0400
Very nice Tiff! I really liked your style and creativity that you used in them.
Mon, 14 May 2012 18:28:33 -0400
Thanks, Zach! :D

I still have that once comic that was inspired by your Infectious Diseases thread that I haven't yet colored! It will show up sometime!

You can call me Tiff!
Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:13:44 -0400
Tier 1 (genuinely made me laugh): "Learning" and "The Sun Smiled"
Tier 2 (made me smile): "Happy Rock", "Beautiful Sunset", "Candy Dino", and "Stop Falling"
Tier 3 (appreciated the joke and thought it was funny): "Shoot for the Moon", "Popped Balloon", and Hipster Reindeer"
Tier 4 (maybe it's just not my taste in humor, but I can definitely see someone else finding it funny): "Counting Sheep", "Free Floating", and "Caterpillars"
I didn't just do periodic tiers, there weren't any that weren't funny. If I didn't think some of them were funny, I would have put it in "Tier 7 (it's not just me, this really isn't funny at all)", I go up to "Tier 10 (You should just...you should just stop)", but gladly, I didn't need to. Good work, your art's gotten better.
-Shakespear
Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:22:22 -0400
Ahh man, Shakespear, hey! :D It's been so long since I last heard from you, and it's so awesome to see you show up here!

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate the thought you put into it and glad to know which ones you liked best. :D

You can call me Tiff!
Forums Home >> Art >> A collection of short comics
Pages: 1
12 Total Posts
Quick Reply

© 2014 PokeDS. Pokémon © 1995-2014 Nintendo/ Pokémon. Icons © LED24.
Page generated in 0.1848 seconds.
AboutContactLinkTermsPrivacyHelp
Silver Islands Indigo Plateau The Cave of Dragonflies Clash at the Summit