Parents

Forums Home >> Rants >> Parents
Pages: 1
12 Total Posts
Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:37:50 -0400
I don't forget to appreciate that my parents brought me into this world, and I always try my best to be a good kid and do what they expect of me as long as it's reasonable.

But sometimes my parents just drive me a little crazy. And I know most people out there have some problems with their parents at at least one point or another, so hey, feel free to share your stories here!

Last edited on Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:28:38 -0400

You can call me Tiff!
I'm the founder of PokeDS.
My favorite Pokemon is Ho-Oh.
Girafarig Dragonair Flygon Articuno Ampharos
Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:06:02 -0400
RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR!!!!!!^^lol
they get on my NERVES!!!!!!!!!! RAAWR!! DX)
*DO UR HOMEWORK* *ONLY FIVE MINUTES DOING THAT* *CLEAN UR ROOM*

GAAAH!!!!!!!!!!
does anyone wanna DESTROY THEM SOMETIMES!?!?!?!?!

Last edited on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:50:08 -0400

In The Land Of Middle-Earth And Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff, The Pokemon Of Equestria Rest On The Shoulders Of Some Demon-Hunting Brothers. Their Names: Sherlock Holmes And Ned the Piemaker.

"PaperToast PhD suggests that newspapers have magical fire restoring properties"

Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:06:19 -0400
i really cant express my annoyance on here.

But, saying that, I do love them, and I am thankful for their help and their gifts and everything that parents are for.

Last edited on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:49:44 -0400

In The Land Of Middle-Earth And Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff, The Pokemon Of Equestria Rest On The Shoulders Of Some Demon-Hunting Brothers. Their Names: Sherlock Holmes And Ned the Piemaker.

"PaperToast PhD suggests that newspapers have magical fire restoring properties"

Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:09:39 -0400
My parents are EXTREMELY annoying. I hardly go anywhere because they mostly just sit around and watch tv.
my dad is always at our boarding house doing some repairs or something like that, or he is at work. I swear I only see him like 3 times a week.
My mum recently just got a chip off her ankle so she just sits on the couch doing croche or watching tv. She doesn't drive, so I have to rely on my dad to get EVERYWHERE that isn't school. And she doesn't work, so if I need money I have to wait til I see dad.
My parents are both christian and I'm not but I'm scared to tell them coz i'll probs get in BIG trouble. So every second sunday I have to sit through a church service. they let me take a book to read but I'm only aloud to read it through the sermon, not during the singing or the notices or anything like that. THEY PISS ME OFF!

Last edited on Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:12:56 -0400

**<3 Pokemon, Merlin, Revenge, The Twilight Saga, Once Upon A Time, Photography, The Last Vampire Series, The Inheritance Series, The Iron Fey Series, Death Note <3**

Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:10:27 -0400
haha soz for the massive post guys
**<3 Pokemon, Merlin, Revenge, The Twilight Saga, Once Upon A Time, Photography, The Last Vampire Series, The Inheritance Series, The Iron Fey Series, Death Note <3**

Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:36:58 -0400
Oh man, thanks for sharing, guys! :o

Deenee, no need to apologize for a longer post! Forums are for discussion after all! :)

And man, the conflict of religion definitely sounds scary/annoying.

You can call me Tiff!
Thu, 22 Mar 2012 22:50:41 -0400
I used to have problems with my parents every now and then, but who honestly doesn't? I hated how they had unrealistic expectations of me (especially those that they never tell me about until I screw something up), and would get angry when I fail to meet them. Despite the pressure they put on me, I've always tried tried my best.

Luckily, they don't do that as much anymore since I went to college. I believe that I've been able to do better in college than in high school because they no longer put so much pressure on me.

Despite all this, I'm thankful that my parents worked hard for me so that I could have a chance to go to pharmacy school.
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:47:32 -0400
I agree, Zach. I totally agree.

Last edited on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:51:06 -0400

Fri, 23 Mar 2012 19:59:30 -0400
One of my friends has a mum who I am glad I do not have. I feel so sorry for my friend. My friend's mum seems to think that her life is a "teenage rebellion". She hardly gets to do ANY homework, because she has all these chores she has to do. Again, I feel sorry for my friend.

Sat, 24 Mar 2012 19:32:56 -0400
Zach, thanks for posting here! :o

I definitely agree that pretty much everyone has problems with their parents but often in different ways.

Parental pressure is something I can half-relate to in the sense that my mom is a stereotypical "Tiger Mom" you might say. I remember when I was in middle school, and she threatened to do some sort of procedure that involved removing my spine or something weird like that if I ever got a B in a class. She used to want me to be a doctor and stuff too.

But, I didn't live with her. (I've lived with my single dad for pretty much my whole life.) So it wasn't a daily thing, and for that, I'm glad because I think that sort of pressure on a constant basis would have drastically changed who I became, probably for worse.

Anyways, that said, I'm glad to hear you don't have so much pressure from your parents anymore and that you're headed on a great path.

Though, while we're on that topic of pharmacy school and parents I can't help but wonder because it's such a stereotype for people to be pushed into the medical careers by parents... Did you choose to go to pharmacy school yourself or was it a choice of your parents or a mix of both?

@Deenee: That would be an insane amount of chores. o_0

You can call me Tiff!
Sat, 24 Mar 2012 22:23:58 -0400
I would say that it's really a mix of both. My parents never forced me to go to pharmacy school, but suggested it as an option. I thought it was something that I would be interested in, so I applied (couldn't hurt to apply to more colleges).

In the end, I could have decided to go to a local university that I got accepted to if I didn't want to become a pharmacist. I don't regret my decision either because now that I'm taking classes that are actually related to pharmacy practice, I'm finding them to be pretty enjoyable.
Sun, 08 Apr 2012 14:12:30 -0400
Parental units... A big phenomena observed is that they only practice the parenting they have experienced as children. To those in foreign cultures, that's very, very annoying. My parents may be some of the most unforgiving type.

They are religiously conservative. VERY conservative. They believe in arranged marriage, little to no freedom as children, and the general philosophy that everything humanity does is sinful.

I hate this belief. As a result, I'm forced to do things I don't want to. My Parents are attempting to prevent me from living in dorms for college, making me miss valuable life experiences. I've already missed some valuable experiences in high school from their limited understanding of social behavior. They tried to force me down the path to medicine, and still try to hold me to some high academic standards, preventing me from making my own choice. I wish to engage in hobbies, but they want me to just sit and study.

I would like to say one thing. In middle school, it was n entrance exam for high school. In High School, it's placement exams for college. Then what? What would I do with all of this history, physics, economics knowledge that has nothing to do with my major (Computer Engineering)? I'd much rather work on my hobbies, building computers, little electronics projects, etc. than study for some placement exams that have little to no meaning in my life.

Parents try to say it's the best for you, but they just want to live your life, not let you live your own.
Enter Noops. My passion is FIRST Robotics. http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc
Thu, 10 May 2012 07:13:04 -0400
YES i totally agree wing. Lets be completely different. I will be a better parent then my parents were for me. (hopefully)

Forums Home >> Rants >> Parents
Pages: 1
12 Total Posts
Quick Reply

© 2017 PokeDS. Pokémon © 1995-2017 Nintendo/ Pokémon. Icons © LED24.
Page generated in 0.1118 seconds.
AboutContactLinkTermsPrivacyHelp
Silver Islands Indigo Plateau The Cave of Dragonflies Clash at the Summit